Pages

Friday 16 March 2018

Inspiration from the trees!

This is the book I am currently reading and I am finding it totally inspiring. Not only am I learning a lot about the life of trees but I found I was soon jotting down notes and have even  managed a whole poem. As I read I am writing a few words, a line here and there, sometimes a title for a potential poem, and I am making references to the chapters so I can go back later when I write and need clarification.

Over Christmas there was a programme on TV about Judi Dench's love of trees. I found that fascinating, especially when they could hear the trees using a listening device against the trunk. But there is more that trees do, as do plants. They are a clever bunch. I'll never look at a tree in quite the same way again.

Maybe I'll get one or two stories out of this too. There is so much potential that I am quite excited. So it seems I am on Project Trees! Perhaps something will indeed set seed and grow (sorry!).

No comments: