Pages

Monday 9 April 2018

NaPoWriMo - The first week and other stuff

I've survived the first week of NaPoWriMo and we are now into the second. There is a great group of people posting on the The Poetry School Campus site and feedback on my work helps to reassure me that people do like what I write!

I've only missed one day. I didn't really understand the prompt that day (I wasn't the only one). The prompts have been tough at times yet somehow I've found something, either from scratch or delving into the folder of very bad poems on my computer and re-writing pieces. I do find the website of The Poetry School a bit tricky to navigate around. Again, I'm not the only one. Often I'm going round in circles trying to find someone's poem again when I've accidentally logged myself out!

Another move I have made is to join the Retreat West Silver Author Membership. There are three categories of membership. Mine is the middle one. For that I get prompts, articles and some free entries to competitions and a free book (mine to choose). The prompts have helped me get back into writing short pieces of fiction (under 2,000) words. I think I needed this. Often I need a push. It's been a long time since I've written so much.

Cinnamon Press  has a great offer on - send them a fiver and they send you a lucky dip book. I received Undressing Stone by Hazel Manuel. I look forward to reading it soon as my fiction pile is almost at rock bottom, though I have a stack of non fiction and poetry books still to read. I've got to that point where I feel I can borrow books from the library once more and maybe buy a few things on my wish list!


No comments: